The 10 Most Bizzare Scientific Papers Ever Published#1 - This would make me cry too
From OddeeThe article has some superb photos of these research topics.
1. «The Effect of Country Music on Suicide»
"The greater the airtime devoted to country music, the greater the white suicide rate"
2. «Love and Sex with Robots»
"Human-robot marriages will be legal by 2050"
3. «Rectal Foreign Bodies: Case Reports and a Comprehensive Review of the World's Literature»
"The study reports, among other items: a beer glass, a suitcase key and a magazine"
4. «Chickens Prefer Beautiful Humans»
"The animals showed preferences for faces consistent with human sexual preferences"
5. «Safe and Painless Manipulation of Penile Zipper Entrapment»
"A quick, simple and non-traumatic approach to penile zipper entrapment"
6. «Pressures Produced When Penguins Poo -- Calculations on Avian Defecation»
"They get up, move to the edge of the nest, turn around, bend over... and shoot"
7. «Farting as a Defence Against Unspeakable Dread»
"When feeling endangered, Peter used his bodily smell and farts to envelop himself in a protective cloud"
8. «Navigation-Related Structural Change In the Hippocampi of Taxi Drivers»
"The brains of London taxi drivers are more developed than those of their fellow citizens."
9. «Ultrasonic Velocity in Cheddar Cheese as Affected by Temperature»
"The most reliable temperature interval to carry out ultrasonic measurements in Cheddar cheese is identified as 0 to 17 °C."
10. «Impact of Wet Underwear on Thermoregulatory Responses and Thermal Comfort in the Cold»
"The thickness of the underwear has the most influence on thermoregulatory responses"These profs. must have superior grant writing skills