November 22, 2014, 09:32:14 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
« Dvorak's CAGE MATCHWater CoolerPicture Of The Day • : Pictures Of The Day March 8, 2010 »
ThreadTools

Print

(Read 3119 times) [1]

Pictures Of The Day March 8, 2010
« on: March 11, 2010, 07:57:52 PM » by KD Martin
Pictures Of The Day
© 2009 John C. Dvorak Cage Match

Click photos for enlargement

This is in St-Pierre, behind Val Dirène in the Gaspésie in Quebec.  It is the frost build up - sort of like the ice storm  but this was a frost storm. The official term is a ZAG ... zone d'amplification du givre (frost amplification zone).

Yes, those are miles and miles of trees that look like marshmallows (don't ask how much weight is on the transmission tower.)

Courtesy Rod McGillawee

Click for Clear Sky Clock

Re: Pictures Of The Day March 8, 2010
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 09:39:49 PM » by ECA
ANTS GO MARCHING 1 BY 1, HURRAH, HURRAH..

If all the world is a stage, I am the target of tomatoes and fresh fruit.
Hemorrhoids Unite, the first arsehole to raise his hand is president.

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 12:50:10 PM » by hhopper

I've never seen anything like that.  Of course, I live in Florida... but I've never even seen any photos like that.

P.S.  Nice to see you back posting KD!  We've missed you.  Maybe we might see another "This Day in Space,"  hint, hint.

“The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.” –Humphrey Bogart

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 12:16:36 AM » by KD Martin

I've never seen anything like that.  Of course, I live in Florida... but I've never even seen any photos like that.

P.S.  Nice to see you back posting KD!  We've missed you.  Maybe we might see another "This Day in Space,"  hint, hint.

I don't know, did anyone ever read "This Day In Space?"  I posted quite a few and as I recall, it just wasn't that popular.  I might give it another try if enough people decide they want it back.  I doubt I'll be able to do it every day, but maybe once or twice a week if the material is there.  So, what do you think??  I'll leave it up to the audience.  If there's no response, no TDIS.  If the response is good enough, I'll get started.

It's nice to be back, albeit on a limited basis.  And good to see that this post has been read over 150 times.  Not real exciting, but it beats 10.

Thanks to all for welcoming me back!

« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 01:58:12 AM by KD Martin »

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 02:17:51 AM » by seanb
TDIS is/was always a good read, even if no comments were given. A nice eclectic assortment of things from people who were there.

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 04:54:24 PM » by KD Martin
TDIS is/was always a good read, even if no comments were given. A nice eclectic assortment of things from people who were there.

Well, that's one for the plus side.  Any more?

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 06:15:57 PM » by hhopper

Don't forget me.  You could try one and see what the response is.  I think it's to tedious to do one every day.  Once a week would be fine.

“The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.” –Humphrey Bogart

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 10:28:53 PM » by seanb
If not the exact day, then the week is fine, always a half forgotten period or person remembered and brought back from the shadows.

(Read 3119 times) [1]
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

LatestNews

Read Dvorak Uncensored